Apprentice Teaching Assistant
We are currently seeking an entry level apprentice to train as a teaching assistant in our school. This post will be Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 8.30am - 3.20pm each day (30 hours each week). The apprenticeship period will be 18 months.
Closing date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Desired skills and personal qualities
• Be fully supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
• Be willing to learn
• Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
• Give attention to detail
• Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
• Hold yourself to high personal standards
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
• Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
• Have an excellent health and attendance record.
• Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
• Have an understanding of and commitment to the equal opportunities policy
• Have sound ICT skills
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills.
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Rushall Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Training provider: Walsall College will provide a NVQ Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
• This will involve on-site support and guidance with your designated assessor trainer as well as one day a week attending Walsall College.
• The employer will provide on the job professional training relating to your role and course.
Apprenticeship framework: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Contact: Elizabeth Bateman, Rushall Primary School, Pelsall Lane, Walsall, WS4 1NG TEL: 01922 682300 for an application form please visit our school website or email the school via email@example.com.
Rushall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.