Walking home from school
15 May 2021 (by K Stephens (kstephens))
Information for parents from West Midlands Police.
Police are investigating after a schoolgirl was followed on her way to a Walsall school last Friday (7 May). She immediately ran into school and informed staff of what happened.
It’s timely to remind youngsters to observe our personal safety advice:
- Never go off on your own with a stranger, take things from them or get in a car with them.
- Make sure you tell your parents where you are.
- If someone scares you, or makes you feel uncomfortable go somewhere safe, which could be your home, your school or a police station.
- Remember to tell someone what has happened straight away.
- Always dial 999 in an emergency.
Some great tips and advice can be found here: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/staying-safe-away-from-home/